SARDONIKA (SPINews) -- Following the explosion over Siberia, the Sardonika Policy Institute has noted the public's confusion regarding "meteoroid," "meteor" and "meteorite."
These are, respectively, a rocky object in space, smaller than an asteroid; a meteroid that enters the earth's atmospere, leaving a fiery trail and a meteroid that strikes the earth's surface.
SPI also defined other related terms that have entered the lexicon:
- Meteoriffic - awesome, as in big bangs in the atmosphere
- Meteorist - a person who can't keep his eyes off the sky
- Meteorian - a religious zealot fanatical about space debris
- Meteoration - negotiation with meteoroids aimed at avoiding collisions with earth
- Meteorator - one who conducts meteoration
- Meteoracle - a wise person who can predict the next catastrophic astronomical event
- Meteorose - sullenly melancholy over impending meteor incidents
The meteorose can easily be identified by their signature refrain: "We're all gonna die!!!"