The text, written in an Egyptian Coptic dialect of the fourth century, has scholars around the world in a tizzy. Many doubt the authenticity of the tiny scrap.
But a discovery at SPI may silent the naysayers.
"On the flip side there's a 'honey do' list," said the lead researcher. "That sealed the deal for me."
Included on the list:
- Fish for dinner. Turn water into white wine.
- Lazarus complaining he's still dead. Do something.
- Leave your sandals on the porch. You keep tracking in Galilee seawater.
- Would it kill you to spend a weekend at home intead of hanging with your disciples?
- 40 days in the desert! You do the laundry.
- Pick up some Myrhh. I've asked you three times.
- I want the real story on that Magdalen woman and I want it now.